PENNSYLVANIA REENTRY COUNCIL (PARC)
The primary mission of the Pennsylvania Reentry Council (PARC) is to make communities safer by reducing recidivism and victimization through the successful reintegration of returning citizens.
- To expand education of the public, members of law enforcement and criminal justice, and policymakers on why supporting prisoner reentry efforts is essential to reducing crime and violence;
- To provide a forum for the sharing of best practices, including reviewing successful, existing evidence-based programs and initiatives; and
- To Identify barriers to successful reentry for persons with criminal records including:
- Providing or enhancing access to housing;
- Removing barriers to employment;
- Providing enhanced access to effective treatment for healthcare, addiction, mental health, and trauma;
- Facilitating access to driver’s licenses, social security cards, and other identification documents essential to obtaining employment, housing, and other government assistance;
- Expanding access to education and training; and
- Collaborate with Reentry Courts, Veterans Courts, and Drug Courts on best practices.